Follow @is0ac Biblical Perspective: I Loved Her

I Loved Her

Shamelessly, unabashedly,
like a man, fearlessly.
Sure she was the first one,
and so I loved her, oh so completely.

Through upheavals and storms,
she's still the one for me.
All that she heard was a lie of me,
when I've loved her, oh so truthfully.

Only if she had cared to listen,
the words I longed to say,
I would still have been
down on my knees, forever.

I ain't got no fear to tell the truth,
when I've been so misunderstood.
I ain't fear the world,
when I've loved an intelligent girl.

She's misunderstood me all along,
yet, I've pursued her for so long.
I've waited for the time to come,
and tis the time to say it all.

She's made her mistakes,
like I've my own.
She's got her plans,
like I've got my own,
why should we walk alone,
when we could merge it as one.

I ain't gonna forget,
cos she's all that I have,
she ain't gonna talk,
though it doesn't really matter,
cos it isn't the end of it all.

(Written many years ago)

No comments: